Beginning Tid-Bits

My photo
I am a very normal 30-ish year old who loves DIY projects and peanut butter. Have a suggestion for a post? Please let me know! You can find items to purchase on Etsy at www.etsy.com/shop/AnnetteLang

Tuesday, February 28

5 ways to be more social in 2012


"The problem's plain to see. Too much technology. Machines to save our lives. Machines de-humanize." -Styx Mr. Roboto





Our lives are oh so convenient. Thanks to the microwave, I can have dinner in 3 minutes. The internet let's me self-diagnose that leg cramp in about 2 minutes. My handy-dandy cell phone allows me to text my fiance and get a response in 30 seconds. We've come a long way.

But don't let technology surpass humanity. Although these devices are convenient, and make our busy lives a little easier, they are driving a huge stake through our social skills. We don't talk to each other anymore and we are losing the ability to interact with each other. When we stop having human interactions, we all become robots. Take a stand today, don't be a robot! Interact with another person today. Texting and e-mail does not count. Here are 5 easy and inexpensive ways you can be more of a human and less of a robot. Try to do all 5 in the next month. Feeling really inspired and ambitious? Try 1 a week for the rest of the year! You can do it!
















2 comments:

  1. Great tips! I am frequently guilty of texting instead of calling. I do love sending mail though. I get a big kick our of walking to the mailbox with a note or card. Viewed your shop - you have so many cute things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your drawings/cards and blog! I'm starting a shop on Etsy of my own cards soon and looking at other shops -- seeing a lot of great stuff!

    ReplyDelete